The Holt & District Dementia Support weekly Drop-in Café, known as Poppy Café, provides a service hub for those with dementia, their carers and their families, who live in Holt and the surrounding villages.
Every Tuesday morning, from 10.30am to 12.30pm, our Poppy Café volunteers will be pleased to welcome you and invite you to meet others in the Meeting Room at St. Andrew’s Church, Holt.
We offer clients and carers:
- opportunities for support in a safe, friendly, relaxed environment
- social contact and friendship, allowing families and carers time to share ideas and information
- a wide selection of games, quizzes and activities, with a monthly Singing Café
- a monthly visit from a PAT (Pets As Therapy) dog
- coffee, tea and cakes
- visits from care professionals and other voluntary organisations – e.g. Central Norfolk Admiral Nurse Service
- information leaflets on available resources and other organisations
The choice is yours, as to what you would like to do and how long you would like to stay.
Carers are requested to remain throughout the visit.
The café is free of charge.
Our Newsletter provides dates for forthcoming activities. You may also view them under Dates for your Diary.
Pay & Display parking is available in the car park to the right of the church gates. You are required to enter your car registration number when you pay (£1 per hour).
Wheelchairs are available from the Church Porch, if required.
For help with transport, call Holt Area Caring Society: 01263 711243.
Support from External Agencies
A number of agencies are occasionally invited to give talks and advice on topics such as:
- different types of dementia
- coping with dementia
- coping with stress
- changing relationships
- specialist equipment
- health and well-being
- power of attorney and wills