Launched in April 2015, as a recognised need to extend the services of the Poppy Café, the Home Visiting Service aims to provide additional support for people with dementia, their carers and families: in their own home environment.
The Home Visiting Service
- Respite is offered for family members or carers who look after those with dementia in their own homes.
- Our volunteers offer company, support and reassurance to the client, enabling carers to take time out.
- Risk assessed, planned, co-ordinated visits are provided by trained volunteers.
- The visits vary in length or time, up to a maximum of 3 hours.
- Weekly, fortnightly or monthly visits are pre-arranged to suit both the clients’ and their families’ needs.
- There is no charge for the service although donations are invited to help cover the expenses.
For further information or to arrange an initial visit please contact:
Mrs. Eleanor Sidgwick – Co-ordinator of the Home Visiting Service
Tel. 01263 710617
Mrs. Bizz Horsley – Deputy Co-ordiinator of the Home Visiting Service
Tel. 01263 713198
A Home Visiting Service Referral Form may be downloaded as a pdf.