Launched in April 2015, as a recognised need to extend the services of the Poppy Centre, the Home Visiting Service aims to provide additional support for people with dementia, their carers and families: in their own home environment.
The Home Visiting Service offers:
- Respite for carers who look after those with dementia in their own homes.
- A risk assessed, planned, co-ordinated visit provided by trained volunteers.
- Our volunteers offer company, support and reassurance to the client, enabling carers to take time out.
- Visits are pre-arranged to suit both the clients’ and their carers’ needs.
- The duration of each visit is 2 – 3 hours.
- The service is free but donations are gratefully received.
For further information or to arrange an initial visit please contact:
Mrs. Eleanor Sidgwick – Co-ordinator of the Home Visiting Service
Tel. 01263 710617 or Mobile No. 07876 185345
Mrs. Wendy Richley – Chair and Co-ordinator of the Holt & District Dementia Support Group and Deputy Co-ordiinator of the Home Visiting Service
A Home Visiting Service Referral Form may be downloaded as a pdf.