The Holt & District Dementia Support Group‘s weekly drop-in café known as The Poppy Café, provides a service hub for those with dementia, their carers and their families, who live in Holt and the surrounding villages.
On Tuesday mornings, from 10.30 to 12.30, our Poppy Café volunteers will be pleased to welcome you and invite you to meet others in the Meeting Room at St. Andrew’s Church, Holt.
We offer clients and carers:
- opportunities for support in a safe, friendly, relaxed environment
- social contact and friendship, allowing families and carers time to share ideas and information
- a wide range of games, quizzes and activities, with a monthly musical sing-a-long
- coffee, tea and cakes
- visits from professionals – eg Age UK Norfolk and the local Admiral Nurse
- information leaflets on available resources
The choice of what to do and how long to stay is entirely yours.
The café is free of charge but donations are welcomed
Pay & Display Parking is available at Gresham’s Pre Prep School, to the right of the church gates. You are required to enter your car registration number when you pay (£1 an hour).
Wheelchairs are available if required.
For help with transport call Holt Area Caring Society: 01263 711243.